Monday, February 17, 2014

So Right With You (The Girlfriends Series) by Maggie Kaye

Blurb
In the work place, we all know there are boundaries. One of those boundaries is Never Date Your Boss, especially if he is a playboy and you just had your heart broken. When Chloe Lambert finds herself down on her luck, none other than her hunky CEO boss, Garrett Nolan, steps in to rescue her, offering her temporary shelter at his ranch. Now, her boss is looking more appealing, and her friends can’t agree on whether she should sleep with him or not. Don’t even mention the fact she just learned he has a soft spot for kids and is using the ranch to help sick kids. What’s a girl to do when it feels so right? 


My Review
This book quickly pulled me in from the prologue. I couldn't put it down. I know Mrs. Kaye was probably ready for my review but I simply told her I needed to drag it out a bit longer, that was how good it was. Have you ever read one of those books that just didn't want to end so you try and try and try your best to read slowly and stretch it out? Well that is what I did with this one.
This book starts out with Chloe finding out some devastating news about her fiance which ends with them calling off the wedding. Now what is she suppose to do? She has no place to go. Her boss quickly finds out about what happened and has offered up his home to her. You learn they have known each other for a while and are actually really good friends. What they don't expect to happen is all the Hot Pent-Up Sexual tension between them. She finds herself feeling much better having Garrett around. She quickly makes herself at home and Garrett rather enjoys having her around. He's known for not doing relationships at all. This is such a wonderful romance. You really feel what both characters are feeling. I felt like I was right there with them. And let me tell you there are some very Steamy scenes that kept me very happy. They really tried to fight the sexual tension they had for each other. But once they stopped fighting it, they realized just how right it really felt. I loved being able to watch both Garrett and Chloe really grow together. The emotions and the ups and downs had me reeling, but in a good way. I laughed and I actually cried a bit at some parts but they were tears of joy. The twists and turns in this book and actually love and feeling the characters themselves will leave you wanting so much more. 

Maggie Kaye has really made the characters come to life. I loved both P.O.V's and being able to really relate to certain situations in this book made me love it even more. Maggie Kaye did an amazing job with this book and while it has the HEA ending that everyone wants in a romance, I still can't wait for the next book in the series. Good Job Mrs. Kaye on a very wonderfully written novel. 

I give this book 5 Stars because it had everything I was looking for. Fantastic writing, steamy and passionate scenes and actually pulled me in. 

I was given an ARC of this book in return for my honest review. The opinions expressed here are completely my own. 


Buy Links


About the Author 
When Maggie Kaye was in college, she and a friend attempted to write their first romance book. They actually never reached the writing part. Mostly, they lay in the sun, brainstormed, laughed, and snacked, typical behavior for young college students with short attention spans. 

Maggie went on to earn a teaching credential in special education and a career in teaching. Although they never completed that first book, the desire to tell stories remained with her. Eventually, she took out a writing pen or in her case a notebook computer her hero (husband) bought her to pursue her dreams and wrote the end. 

Today, Maggie lives in the Southern California with her husband, two children, and two cats that sometimes share the keyboard with her. She enjoys writing stories with plenty of heart, humor and a bit of steaminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment