Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Plus-One Chronicles, The Possession Review.

Synopsis courtesy of amazon: 

Savagely sexy billionaire Sloane Michaels ruthlessly controls his life and everything in it. Even his sex partners are carefully negotiated plus-one arrangements, including his latest, the fiery bakery owner, Kat Thayne. But Sloane’s control is challenged when his mentor becomes seriously ill, and his need for Kat, his need to possess her at all costs, rivals only his single-minded goal of vengeance for the murder of his sister.

After surviving an attack six years ago, Kat Thayne escaped her fears in the protective world of her beloved bakery. Then Sloane Michaels storms into her life, making her feel beautiful, strong and sexy. Yet as Kat pushes her boundaries and uncovers a dangerous secret in her past, Sloane’s controlling side emerges. Worried that Sloane will possess her mind, body and soul, Kat fights to keep her hard won independence. But just as Sloane demands her complete surrender, she discovers he has a dark side that could destroy them both.



My review:


I am so in love with these books thus far.  It was so easy for me to fall in love with the characters. Jennifer Lyon is an absolutely amazing writer.  If I could I would give these books

10 Stars. Sloane is so caring and lovable, but only a very small amount of people see that side
of him.  Kat isn't as scared and timid as she once was and she has Sloane to thank for that. 
You can really feel what the characters feel for one another. I have never fallen in love with two characters or a book for that matter, as fast as I have fallen for this book. I know I'm going to be super sad when the last book is done. I want it to continue on and on. The Plus-One Chronicles is definitely a book I'd recommend for anyone who was a Bared To You/Fifty Shades Fan. The only difference? This series is so much better.  I have also added Jennifer Lyon as one of my favorite authors. I can't wait to read what other stuff she has written when I've finished The Plus One Chronicles. If you haven't read this series yet, then go check it out. It's available on amazon for $2.99. 

One of my all time favorite parts of the book:

"I told you once, I didn't see myself falling for you. But I was wrong." She left it there. Kat wasn't trying to scare Sloane off, she just wanted him to know she cared about him. Even her stab of disappointment was sharper, but she accepted it. They had what they had, and it was enough. More than she'd ever had. She would always cherish this time with Sloane.

She wasn't saying that he wouldn't break her heart. Maybe Kat was what Sloane needed right now, but not forever. Later, he may want a woman who was less bakery-chic and more society-ready. That didn't make what they had now any less real. "Let's just focus on what we have now. Sort of a plus-one-plus relationship and not make it complicated. The corners of his mouth kicked up. "Plus-one-plus. That means I get to see that bikini you've been taunting me with for hours." The pain in his eyes receded.


You can go check Jennifer Lyon out here Meet Jen!

I really hope you'll follow me. Tell me what you thought of this book! Or the First one. I'm off to read book 3 of The Plus-One Chronicles, The Obession. 

Until next time,

Happy Reading!

P.S. remember to check out my facebook page and tell me what you think of the things
you see there. I'm hoping for some more Likes and if I can get 10 followers here on my blog I can start my first Giveaway! 


1 comment:

  1. Great review! If you want more stories to review, feel free to check out my page and review my stories or just comment thoughts and ideas. I post humorous short stories and novelettes.
    http://shortstoriesoflife16.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete