Friday, January 17, 2014

Oxford Blood by Georgiana Derwent *The Cavaliers: Book One*



The Paranormal Romance Guild say - "Georgiana Derwent has managed to merge the world of Oxford University, with its rich history and very British traditions with a totally entertaining and plausible vampire story. This is going to be a favourite series."


Excerpt Courtesy of Amazon:
The Cavaliers are the most elite society at Oxford University - rich, powerful, and beautiful. No one realises that they are no ordinary students, but a group of aristocratic vampires from the English Civil War. For four hundred years they have groomed the most promising students to run the government, police, and finance in the way the vampires wish, granting them eternal life in return for absolute obedience.

When Harriet French arrives at Oxford University from her working class northern state school, she’s prepared for a culture shock, but not to become embroiled in the Cavaliers’ scheming and bloodlust. Harriet thought she'd be busy enough juggling her demanding tutor, new friends, and the murky world of student politics. But now, she must find the rebel vampire who is killing off the members, stop the Cavaliers from orchestrating a massacre of the year’s most beautiful and successful students, and defy the Society to be with the man of her dreams.

Oxford Blood is a British, adult, paranormal romance. It's a tale with vampires that aren't afraid to kill and a heroine who's not afraid of sex or her own ambition.


My Review:
This book had amazing descriptions of Oxford itself as well as of all
the characters. It really held my attention. I am a HUGE vampire lover
and knowing that she gave them a realistic spin with a side that you've 
never really seen before just made me want
to keep reading even more. When I first started reading the book
I really thought Harriet was going to be one of these goody-two-shoes
and focus on her studies more than try to have an exciting time at college.
She proved me wrong within the first few chapters. I mean her first day on
campus and she already finds herself in a lip-lock with one of the hottest
guys there, Tom Flyte! It really got interested when he notices her necklace and 
immediately backed off, ignoring her completely. I was kinda shocked.
I had to keep reading to figure out what was going on. I really wanted her
and Tom to hook up.  However, we soon met George and I was thankful 
that I read the Prologue otherwise I wouldn't have known who he was. 
I found myself wanting her to end up with George more than with Tom. He 
is the bad boy, super rich and powerful, not to mention handsome man that
she also enjoys a pretty Steamy make-out session with. 
As the book goes on you realize that these guys will go to unimaginable lengths
to keep their society filled with only the best of the best. So I have to ask myself
with the way it ended: Will she stay with Tom? The guy that she gave herself
to willingly. Or will she end up with George? The guy that you want to get to 
know so much more and the man she shares a blood bond with? 

It started out kind of slow but you soon find yourself right in the middle of an Elite

Society and in the mix of vampires rather quickly. The author really takes the time
to describe the historical beauty of Oxford to you as well as make sure you know
what each one of the characters look like. You really feel what they feel. Also,
I love that she kept it real with the students and included the partying, alcohol,
make-out sessions and yes the occasional study sessions. If you're anything like
me and love Vampires, College partying, blood, mystery and make-out sessions
then this is definitely the book for you. 

I give this book a 4 Big Beautiful Stars. 

Visit Georgiana's Site and check her out: 
http://georgianaderwent.com/

I was given the ARC of this book in exchange for my very honest opinion of this book! 




No comments:

Post a Comment