Thursday, January 16, 2014

Obsession Review by Jennifer Lyon - The Plus One Chronicles #3

**Note** Obsession is the final book of The Plus One Chronicles by Jennifer Lyon. Readers should start with Book 1 & 2: The Proposition and Possession.

Excerpt:

In the explosive conclusion of The Plus One Chronicles 
Trilogy, obscenely rich, jaggedly handsome and still obsessed
with love and vengeance, Sloane Michaels must face an
impossible choice: lose the woman he loves or betray his
twin sister's memory.

Watching the man she adores destroy himself for revenge, Kat
Thayne knows she should run and never look back. But running isn't her way anymore. Kat has grown into a fierce fighter, and the man who helped her get there is the very man who needs her strength now. But as the sizzling passion and hard-won love bind Kat and Sloane even tighter together, old secrets and lies explode around them. Danger threatens. And Kat soon realizes that she's risking more than her heart to be with Sloane...she's risking her very life. 

***Obsession is an Adult Contemporary and is intended for mature readers only.***

My Review:

I absolutely and positively Fell Head Over Heel's IN LOVE with this trilogy. Being able to
watch Kat and Sloane grow as a couple and help each other throughout their journey together
is simply beautiful, amazing. spicy, hot all of the above. Watching Kat overcome her obstacles
and learn to depend on herself and protect herself, instead of depending on someone else was
amazing. She starts out as this shy, innocent timid girl. And all of the sudden I'm reading about
this fierce, independent woman. Watching Sloane put his past behind him a little more, and put
everyone he loves to the front is beautiful. This book grabbed a piece of my heart. This is a story I will never forget about. I loved getting to know more about Drake, Sloane's mentor, the only father figure he ever had. Drake stole my heart. He is the tie that binds. I believe one of the main things that appealed to me is the fact that Jennifer's writing is so genuine, so passionate. This series got better and better as it went on. Putting everything together. Nothing is left unanswered. This is definitely not a book that you can read and say "Hey, I know what's going to happen next!" Because you don't. There are surprises at every turn. This trilogy made you want to know more, I couldn't stop at one book. Reading during the day, there were a few times I had to close my Kindle and get up and do something but I found myself minutes later right back reading again. I loved that Jennifer made sure to put in the small things: Ana's Video Project of Kat and her bakery, I was truly happy that I got to be a part of that and see how beautifully it turned out. Things that were mentioned in the first or second book that left you hanging, were put in here too. She didn't leave a single thing out.  As far as Alpha-Males go, Sloane Michaels is one of my absolute favorites. I found myself laughing, crying and blushing while reading this wonderful story. All I can say is get your tissues ready for the end of the book. Simply Amazing! I'm sad to see it end but so happy it had a satisfying and brilliant conclusion. Perfect in every way. 

Favorite Quote from this book:
"I'll show you how much I want you."
"I want your mark on me. I want to see it and know you wanted me that much."
"This is us. You hurt, you come to me. I hurt, I go to you. No apologies."
"I've already won. I have you."


I give this book 3 Lemon Cupcakes and 5 Pretty Shiny Stars! Jennifer Lyon is an amazing author and has definitely made it into my top 5 authors list! 

Go buy this trilogy now if you haven't already, The links to all three are below:
The Proposition Book 1
Possession Book 2
Obsession Book 3

Also go check out Jennifer Lyon, She's amazing:
Jennifer Lyons Site!

I really hope you will follow my blog and find out what's in store for the future.


Until Next Time
Happy Reading!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment