Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Not Enough by Leigh Ann Lunsford

Excerpt Courtesy of the Author:
Brielle Parker has her life in front of her, she just does not know how to live it. After years of not being enough for her parents, or the dreams she once had, how did one man Colby James show her she was actually more than enough?

Raised by her grandparents with her three siblings, Brielle was loved, no doubt. However, her grandparents were taken too soon, and she was left with her older sibling to try and raise her younger ones. She couldn't help but let the doubts take over her life. Would she ever be enough? Then Colby walked in and changed everything, and just when she facing her fears and falling in love for the first time, Colby ripped her heart out.

Will they be able to get past their mistakes to live the life they both want? Did Colby finally break Brielle when all he wanted to do was protect and love her? You can rebound from some mistakes, but some you just have to learn from and walk away. The love they have is true and pure, but will they finally be enough for each other? 

My Review: 
This book is beautifully written, Leigh Ann is an amazing author and I'm seriously upset I haven't found her before. She has definitely made her way to my Fave Top 5 Author's List! I've never read a book like this before. The personality she gives her characters, especially Brielle is Amazing! I am already waiting for her next book. I normally wait til the end of my blog post to rate a book, but this needs to be rated now. I give this book 10 STARS on a 5 STAR scale, and I've only done that once before with T.K. Leigh's Beautiful Mess Series, but this book is definitely deserving! I actually connected to each and everyone of the characters. Even though Brielle and Colby are the main ones, I got to experience a little bit of Addy and Tyler's relationship. You are able to feel and I mean really feel what's going on and it's like I became best friends with them all too. 

Brielle is smart, funny, beautiful and a spit ball of fire waiting to launch herself at the first person who messes with her family. All of her siblings are very close. Her and her older sister Addy, argue a lot but make up quickly. Her two younger siblings, Dustin and Cambree are going through the preteen hormones. They were left plenty of money when their grandparents passed away. Their parents even though they barely ever see them, regularly put allowances in their accounts. Brielle can't stand her parents, trying to force things on her that she never wanted. She finishes school early so she can return back home to their huge farm land and house to take care of mainly her younger brother Dustin, who has a serious peanut allergy and Brielle is his the one back and forth to the doctor's with him. Having almost died before she takes his allergy as serious as anyone should. The only things Brielle has ever asked of anyone is: Don't ask her a lot of questions that you already know she doesn't want to answer, and Do NOT under any Circumstances, bring peanuts into their house. After having a failed relationship with her parents and ex-boyfriend she feels as if she is not enough for anyone. She gave up having a relationship of her own and took taking care of the family as her main concern...Until Colby. I love how Leigh Ann Lunsford writes so that you can read everyone's POV, you know what everyone is feeling and when they are feeling it which I loved! 


Colby James, is Tyler's (Addy's Boyfriend) cousin, he locks his eyes on Brielle and can't get her out of his head. He is determined to make this girl his and his only. He ignores Tyler, telling him how much of a FIRECRACKER, Brielle can be and makes it his mission to have her, not only in the bedroom, but for the rest of their life. The conversations between the two of them, and well between Brielle and anybody will have you laughing so hard you cry. She has her own personality and I fell in love with her. They find themselves in a relationship and Brielle has only one rule. That rule will break the relationship forever in her book if he ignores it. So when Colby does break that rule will Brielle ever be able to forgive him? You will have to read to find out. Go buy the book and you can thank me later.

The Author incorporates music into this book in such a wonderful way, it's the only way Brielle can really communicate her feelings. She picks a song that describes her feelings at that very moment and will take off for a long drive to relax and clear her head. The playlist of songs is wonderful, telling what a true country girl she is. Don't get in between her relationship with Blake Shelton LOL she loves him more than I do! Go buy this book, it's amazing! I loved it. I am ready to read the next book in this series, just as soon as it comes out.

This book is truly amazing, I've never felt so many emotions at once in reading a book and Leigh Ann Lunsford is definitely going places after this book! Watch out for her, don't miss anything she writes! I can't wait to see where her imagination takes me to next! 

Go buy this book, Check out the links below:
Buy Not Enough on Amazon!!!
Buy Not Enough on B&N!!!








2 comments:

  1. Nice review...sounds like something I might have to check out.

    I followed you...check out my blog if you'd like!

    http://historicalfictionobsession.blogspot.com

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I followed you as well. Love your writing skill.

    ReplyDelete