Friday, January 31, 2014

Irreplaceable (Harmony Book 2) by Angela Graham

Warning: SPOILER ALERT!!!! If you haven't read book 1, Inevitable, then do not read any further!



Excerpt courtesy of amazon:
It wasn't his fault she lay broken and battered. He wasn't responsible for the injuries covering her bruised body.
Her heart, however, told a different story. She endured the pain of it's jagged edges as it shattered against her chest, ripping through the hope she once held. Her spirit was broken, and only one man was to blame for that.
Cassandra Clarke had known better than to trust her all to a man like Logan West. She'd thought he was different-a better man than he'd portrayed to others. A man worth risking it all for. But she was wrong, and would never make that mistake again.
What happens when you question everything you longed to believe-deny all emotions you still hold for a man unworthy of them?
Faced with Logan's persistence, Cassandra must find the strength to keep her guard up or risk falling again for the one man her body feels...is irreplaceable.
Book 2 of Cassandra and Logan's Story.

My Review:
So this book starts off right where the last one ended. SPOILER ALERT if you haven't read the first one yet...Cassandra is still in the hospital after the wreck. She's doing a lot better despite the giant gash, the doctor's had to stitch up running along her thigh. After telling Logan to get out, she pretty much figured he got the hint since she hasn't seen him in a while. She blames him even though she knows the accident wasn't his fault. The incident before the accident however, was completely his fault. Thinking she can move on from this whole ordeal, Oliver walks in to make sure she's really okay. How can she look into the eyes of this sweet four-year-old that she's come to love so much and not be upset that she wants nothing to do with his daddy? Anyway, Logan ends up coming into the room after being dragged in by sweet Oliver to ask if her puppy Scout, can stay with them until Cassie is back on her feet. Logan agrees. He also tells Cassie (once they are alone) that he's not letting her slip away from him. He's determined to do everything, and I mean everything, to win her back. 

Cassandra has changed a bit in this book compared to how she was in the first book, which is understandable. She is furious and frustrated me at times but I still love her. She is trying to do everything in her power to destroy the feelings she has for Logan, as well as trying to make herself as unavailable as possible to him. This just makes Logan try even harder to win her back. She notices that he's changed, no more picking up random women to take home, no more late night at the bars. He is so determined to get His Cassie back. The sexual tension in this book is extremely hot, you are going to need another cold glass of water while reading this story as well. What is even more romantic to me is the way you see Logan change. He shows Cassandra how he feels. He tells her over and over he's ready for "More" and you actually see him proving himself. Cassandra of course is fighting him every step of the way, until she finally cracks. 

You also meet more of Natasha (Oliver's Mother) in this book and I don't like her one bit. She just basically moves in with Logan and Oliver, which in all honesty Logan didn't have a choice in the matter if he wanted to make his son happy. But even with Natasha staying there, Logan is 100% all about Cassandra. There is one scene where Cassie needs help in the bath and let me tell you from the bath to her room, the sexual tension was palpable. I loved it. The only thing I didn't like was the very last chapter of the book, which is told in Natasha's POV, I learned something I didn't want to know. A secret so big, it could change the ties of two people forever...But if you want to know what it is, then I suggest you go buy the book! :) You will love it. 


Favorite Quote from Logan:
"I fucked up Cassandra, I hate myself for it and I can't take 
it back, but I will spend every day and every night proving I
can be the man you need me to be."

As always, Mrs. Graham delivers an impeccably written story. I fell in love with this one just as fast as I did Inevitable. It's the perfect story, with that cliff hanger ending that is so perfect, you need more. She's an amazing author. I give this book 5 Stars and nothing less. Definitely worthy of them. A great read.  

I purchased this book for my own enjoyment and the opinions expressed here are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment