Thursday, January 9, 2014

Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin

I just finished reading this and I did not put it down.  I started it as soon as my husband got home from work at 7pm and just finished it.  I couldn't put it down.  It was so good. Heidi McLaughlin is a wonderful author.  It had me crying, laughing, blushing and was so beautifully written.  I can't wait to read the next one which I will have to get first thing in the morning.  



Synopsis:

    I was never suppose to be a rock star.  I had my life all
planned out for me.  Play football in college.  Go to the NFL. 
Marry my high school sweet heart and live happily ever after.

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving.  I was young.  I made the right decision for me,  but the wrong decision for us.  I've poured my soul into my music, but I've never forgot her.  Her smell.  Her smile. 

And now I'm going back. 

After ten years. 

I hope I can explain that after all this time. 

I still want her to be my forever girl.



What I thought...
The first few pages of this book has me in tears.  I'm a very emotional person as it is and it just got to me. But that is how I knew it was going to be an amazing story. It is written in each of the characters Point of Views which I really enjoyed. Starting off with Liam Page, the rocker, the bad boy, and he is straight up rude in the beginning. But head over heels in love with this girl from his past.  He's doing whatever he can to just get by emotionally. He's very successful, has everything he could ever want, 
including a Psychotic Manager. But he doesn't have her. His forever girl, Josie. 

Josie on the other hand comes off as the sweet, doing anything for you type of girl next door. In the beginning of the book a mutual child hood friend has passed away and everyone is tore up over it. Liam has to go back to town, he's going to run into Josie and at first he doesn't want that. Then he decides he has to at least just check in on her and make sure that she's happy. After all these years of him leaving he just needs to see that she has moved on, maybe married and is happy and he will leave. But what he finds out when he get's back into his old home town is something he 
couldn't have ever imagined. How could he not have known? 

Liam and Josie had their lives planned out. High school cheerleader, star quarterback
off to college soon, then marriage. Everything was planned out so perfectly.

Until he left, just turned and walked away from everything. 

Definitely check this book out. If you haven't read it then you Must!!! So very good.

I have to thank a wonderful blogger 
and a great friend for recommending 
this book to me! I'm a big fan of her
blog, you should definitely check her out.

Please hit me up on twitter with what you thought of the book and stop by and give my facebook page a big ole' Like!!! I'm new to the blogosphere. I will link them below!

Below is also the amazon link where you can purchase this book. 



happy reading!!! 




    

No comments:

Post a Comment