Thursday, January 9, 2014

Deceived-Part 1 New York Review


Right now on Amazon you can get the Kindle Version Free so it's definitely worth checking out!

Synopsis:
When Chloe Swanson, an innocent mid-western college graduate, 
lands her dream job in New York City, she doesn't realize what
kind of ride she's in for.
She discovers one day that her crush on her boss Patrick, goes
both ways.  She then has to endure a business meeting with 
with the firms top client who blatantly flirts with Patrick and 
belittles her.  What follows is a sensual and passionate journey
of self-discovery, as Chloe faces the harsh reality of jealousy,
love and money in the big city. 
My Review: 

This book starts out with Chloe at work, and quickly goes into her talking about 
her boss, Patrick.  They immediately engage in a small but steamy make out session.
The Charming and Handsome Patrick Collins plans to bring in Chloe to help him
land one of the biggest accounts of his life.  The client of said Business account
is a Huge Pain in the Butt and very rude and egotistical.  Just plain snobby and mean.
Patrick asks Chloe to join him in the meeting and help him land the account, but he never expected to fall for her, his Rude Top Client has eyes just for Patrick and is willing to have him no matter what. But Patrick is falling for Chloe and see's only her.  

  The book is written in Chloe's POV so even though I know how she feel's about him, it was hard to really grasp how he felt about her.  I mean it was obvious that he liked her, with all the nice things he does and says. But you never really know if he's into her or just being the big successful in need of something type man.  I think the title had a lot to do with. (Smiling)  I love the chemistry and the way the author describes everything so that you feel as if you can see it.  
I know that is hard to do without going overboard sometimes and Eve Carter managed it perfectly.  I would definitely say check it out.  Again this is just Part 1 so I still need to read 
Part 2.  

Before I started reading this book, I had read that it was right up there
with Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James (which I've read) and The
Blackstone Affair by Raine Miller (which I have not read, yet).  I would
have to say as far as the sex in this book goes, Yes it is right up there 
with Fifty.  I've never read anything by Eve Carter before.  I really enjoyed 
her writing, I think it's very good.  I only wish that there was more flirting
and more taking time to get to really know the two characters.  Like I said,
it goes really fast.  I would love to have just read more about them running
into each other through out the office after their steamy make-outs.  It 
jumps straight to the point.  If they are planning on going somewhere or
doing something, there is no waiting and reading about what they do through-
out the week, it jumps straight to it.  That I actually liked.  I would have to say 
that the language and the sex in the book is definitely for a Mature Reader.
I had absolutely no problem with it though. I won't be able to rate this book
until I read them all.  Which I plan to do.  It was good enough that it has 
left me wanting to know what happens.  So I hope you enjoy it.  

If you have already read this book or plan on reading let me know what you think!

You can follow me on Twitter and Like my Facebook Page as well. 





Happy Reading Everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment